Tuesday, January 9, 2007

New Year In New York





It’s always nice to be able to spend time with family. Especially with my family since we all live in different parts of the world. Funny, though there are miles and miles of distance separating us.......... we are just that much more close knit. Just like the saying “distance makes the heart grow fonder”. But it’s also because of the way our parents have raised my sister, brother and me. The values they have instilled are what make all of us what we are and will be.
I love you mum n dad , trups n sush.


Well 1st of jan 2007 was the 1st time that we as a family spent new years together after 16 years. And thanks to my bhaiya and bhabhi who live in manhattan ….we could spend it in NYC. And then how could I give up the opportunity of being at Times Square to bring in the New Year. Well mum n dad culdnt make it .......cause they rather see it on tv and sush culdnt make it....... cause bhabhi was pregnant, so it was me n my sis n 2 of her friends who flew down from Montreal just for the night. So we decided to step out and get to 42nd street around 10 pm. Figured 2 hours plenty of time to get there…atleast be able to see the ball from a few blocks away. So we took the subway upto grand central and made our way to the discovery building. It seemed like the whole world was
there…..every other person spoke a different language. The energy was building up and there were cops every where. NYC is really beautiful at new years especially times square with the neon lights every where. There were over 1.5 million people ahead of us …the result we walked all the way uptil central park and cudnt move any further. Didn’t get to see the ball fall but the fire works were amazing and the atmosphere electric. Would I do it again ……never.
But it definitely is a one time thing …….a must do.
Roamed around the streets till we found a pub and returned home at 4.
I didn’t drink……(keeping my promise to mom).
Still a nice way to bring in the New Year.

(cops on bikes at times square)

No comments: