Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cross Country

Have completed about 40 hrs of flyin and am now ready for cross country. So i made my flight plan using the current winds, calculated headings, check points, fuel etc............ and then Hobson took me to Hemet ....about 50 Nautical miles from Gillespie. And once we turned around he asked me to fly us home. All was goin well untill i reached Pauma Valley airport. Kinda lost my way ....n then hobson had to guide me. I promised my self i'd do better the next day. He asked me to make another flt plan ......i stayed up late n was thorough with my stuff. Well we flew at 08:00 hrs and guess what...........the flt plan was perfect........i was maintaining my heading and altitude, each leg was timed to perfection. After 20 mins hobson took the controls and said there was no point completing the flt plan cause he was confident that i would make it. This means that i go to Hemet solo......my 1st solo cross country.......given that the weather is on my side. Its supposed to rain tomorrow. Oh n at the end of our flight.......Hobson decided to do a low pass over el capitane reservoir...... just a few feet over the water and the mountains looming over us. It was beautiful ....also an illegal maneuvre as per FAA.....but what the heck. I have a recording of it.... will upload it on youtube and attach the link. Goto go n sleep now and go over the flt plan in my sleep.

11 comments:

Subhadip said...

Best of luck for your solo, bro!

I am listening to "Learning to fly" by Pink Floyd.

Unknown said...

Hi.
Chanced upon your blog through Subhadip's.
All the best with your flights and flight plans.

Flying Ace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flying Ace said...

thanks subhadip........
unfortunately the weather gods were listenin to "the wall" ......maybe they might be in a better mood tomorrow.

Flying Ace said...

sayan
hey thanks .......appreciate that.

~ ॐ ~ said...

darling... remember me...

we were together on a trip to Mysore :)...

sahi ja rahe ho... rather sahi ud rahe ho..

lage raho !!!

Butterfly said...

Best of luck for your first cross country flight. I am sure that you will do well. It was good to read your post.

Flying Ace said...

@ om
hi boss...long time.
Ofcorse i remember u and takin the trip with u, subh, arun ......
Koshish kar rahen hai......bus kismat saath deti rahein....doston ki duaaein saath deti rahein.

@butterfly
Thanks for dropping a line... i culdnt cross country today due to bad weather ....tomorrow seems very hopeful.

~ ॐ ~ said...

bhai logon ki dua to hain hi tumhaare saath...

lage raho... apna naam likh do aaakaaaash par bada bada !!!!

Sushil Bhagudia said...

Hey Ash.....All the very best on your latest achievements, Keep it up and we are all very proud of your achievements.
Love,
Sush

Sushil Bhagudia said...

Give us the latest.